Neurology is a branch of medicine, examining and treating disorders and diseases of the human brain and nervous system. Neurologist is responsible for maintenance of adequate and stable central and peripheral nervous systems. He also carries out diagnostic tests for the brain and nervous disorders, consults and develops a treatment plan for patients with various diseases of the nervous system.
Nervous system disorders can be triggered by both internal and external factors: viral infections, malnutrition, chronic diseases, metabolic disorders, vascular changes. The most common neurological diseases are migraine, epilepsy, encephalitis, meningitis, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, various circulatory disorders. Neurologists also take care of the patients after brain trauma or stroke.
Immediately visit a neurologist, if:
- You constantly feel headache and dizziness;
- You feel various chest, waist or back pains;
- You numbness in one side of your face, head, arm or leg;
- You experience movement and movement coordination disorders;
- You feel memory disturbance, abnormal swallowing reflex, problems with vision, hearing, or other sensory features.
A detailed neurological examination by neurologist at the clinic “Nefrida” will help to accurately detect changes or damage to a specific nervous system, to diagnose the disease and to prescribe the appropriate treatment.